ri
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Super Kitty!!!
At about 5:30am my brother woke me up to let me know that my indoor cat had infact become an outdoor cat, or should I say a through the screen and window cat. While getting ready for work, the brother heard the cat meowing away. Now this is normal because it is morning and that is her first chance to wrangle one of her humans into the kitchen for food. Picture if you will a sheep dog herding the sheep into the pen. Replace the dog with the cat and the sheep with one of the cat's said humans. Now this is how my cat gets one into the smaller kitchen for some food, about 5 times a day. She is my little fatty. Anyhow, the brother looks and there she is outside of the kitchen window just sitting on the roof that covers the grill area. She's just looking in thinking, "Dude, how am I supposed to get some food from here. Help me out me out man." It was that or, "Get me inside before my mother wakes up and kills me."

After a little crime scene investigation and reconstruction, CSI watch out, we were able to determine that she ran full force across the dining room, jumped up to the ledge and went clear through the screen due to the fact that she is a little round. Luckily there is staging there because the house is still under construction. She must have landed there and hopped over to the roof above the grill. She tends to dart around the house from window to window in hot pursuit of some little animal she'd like to defluff. So I imagine that is what started this morning's events. The image in my head was that a little birdie fluttered a little too long, taunting Molly. Then off she went, cape and all. Now of course the birdie was able to take off but not before thinking, "Oh crap" but laughing nonetheless because this cat was now stuck.

I'm just thankful that she didn't go into Lewis & Clark mode and decide to explore the great wide open which are the woods behind us, full of coyotes, foxes and more. Now when all are gone the windows are now into lockdown mode. She can get fresh air, but her round bottom is not going to make it through.

And in other news, this girl went swimming yesterday. Things are progressing nicely. Every time that I swim, something else clicks as to how I should be swimming. Let's just hope that it keeps on progressing because the first triathlon is August 6th!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Janet said...

I always worry about the screen with Wolf! If he only knew he could get thru it so easily, YIKES!

Glad she's safe, tho!

Post a Comment

<< Home