ri
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Vacation, Vol I & II
**I promise to upload pictures soon. Only in VA for a day before we continue on with Vol III & IV***

Vol 1 - So the first leg of our trip had us in Omaha, NE for my friend's wedding. Who knew the country's best zoo was there! Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom sponsored zoo. We spent two days exploring. Jenny was a beautiful bride. Her family graciously invited us to a cookout the next day. Much fun was had.

Vol II - We flew on to San Diego where every day is the same, weather wise anyway. Overcast in the morning, sunny by 10am, and foggy again as the sun goes down! We went to Seaworld, The San Diego Zoo (also a top zoo), Legoland, the Gaslamp district, Old Town, La Jolla, Coronado... We spent time with friends, time at the pool, and time just relaxing.

More details to accompany pictures.

On our return we took a bump in Vegas for two round trip tickets on Southwest. It worked out perfectly because Connor was beginning to have a meltdown and the 5 hour direct flight would have felt like eternity. So we stayed the night courtesy of SW and took advantage of having the flight broken up. Also an upside, the wind on Monday was awful making the flight even worse. Tuesday's flight was smooth sailing! While waiting I witnessed my son's first full out flirt session. With a 20 something year old! She was gorgeous. Blond. We're sitting there waiting for our hotel voucher when I notice my 10 month old turning and trying to reach for this young woman's leg. I quickly moved him, said Oh my and apologized. We were laughing so all was good. Well, until Connor looked at me and started yelling which I can only imagine was "mom you are embarrassing me" in baby talk. The young woman thought he was so cute and was waving. I turned him enough to see her, but not enough to touch her. He ogled and smiled like nothing I have seen before. I looked at my husband and he just said, "at least he has good taste". Very true, very true... I'd like to say that was the last of it, but no. My son is quite the flirt. On our return flight yesterday there was a 20 month old girl just two rows ahead of us. Blond. She was standing up staring back at Connor. Connor went for the kill... He started smiling, then yelling, and then jumping up & down. This went on for quite some time. The people on the plane were getting a kick out of it. But just like the girl before, his flirting was cut short by our departure from the airport. I think I may have my hands full with this one!

So we're off to MA in the morning. Next Friday we'll be on to Charlotte for our last week of Vacation. Lots of pictures to come. Hope all enjoy their long weekend.


1 Comments:

Anonymous elizabeth said...

Oh Boy! You're in trouble for sure! Just wait until he learns to crawl OVER the seats to get to the girl, haha!

Post a Comment

<< Home