ri
Monday, November 2, 2009
Halloween 2009!
We had a great Halloween here in VA. Grammy & Grampy E made the trip to see their little Bean all dressed up & partake in the festivities. It is probably one of the few quiet Halloweens that we'll have. Up until this year we, the grown-ups, would get all dressed up and hit the town. Now we dress up our little ones to oogle at! In our house, Bean is still too young for candy. So getting dressed up is purely for a fun and his torture.



I was a good mum with a plan. I bought Bean's first costume about 2 months ago only to find out at the picture session that 12-18 mos was too small for my 15 mo old. He is usually in the smaller side of clothes. Hmmm, who knew? So, I went and bought another monkey costumer for our little climber a few weeks ago. However, the day before Halloween I saw that it was going to be 80 degrees. 80 degrees on Halloween... Insanity! That was just a little too warm for a stuffed fleece costume!!! After trying 4 Party Citys, 2 Targets, 3 Halloween Expresses, Old Navy, Marshalls, Babies R' Us, and even the grocery store I ended up back at Target only to buy a big kids Cowboy costume. I took the vest, sherrif badge, bandana, & hat and paired it with his shorts and white shirt. Et voila, that is how my little monkey became a sherrif! Also fitting since he thinks he is boss.



We went to Zoo Boo here in Hampton Roads. There were lots of other kiddies all dressed up. Carved pumpkins and candy stations lined the walking paths. It was a good day, which we ended with a stop at the park. Then it was off to home and wait for trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood. And wait. And wait. Absotlutely no trick-or-treaters made it to the end of our cul-de-sac. So if anybody is feeling candy deprived, we have kit-kats, pb cups, twix bars & 100 grand bars. Plus the best in laws ever brought me a few pounds of chocolate covered gummy bears left over from the candy bar. I might share those with visitors, but they will not all be leaving this house unless in my belly! Sorry. They are my favorite!!! Well we hope you all enjoy the pictures from our little Bean's Halloween trip to the Zoo! We certainly did...



Hugs,



JR, Azzy & Bean





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home