ri
Monday, August 3, 2009
Updates of This & That
First I want to link to a post written by a very dear friend: Janet's Story. It amplifies the importance of getting regular colonoscopies once you reach the required age, even if that type of cancer is not in your family history.

Second, we've been enjoying the weather! We've been relaxing by the pool, at the beach, at the water park, with friends... We've had playdates, birthday parties, and other outings. This Wed. Nana & Aunty D will be visiting from MA for a week. The following weekend we'll be in NC to visit the inlaws for my SIL's bridal shower. Then the following weekend we'll be in MA for 3 weeks. We had to wait until warmer weather was sure to show it's face before our visit because who wants to wear sweatshirts in June??? Sorry peeps, that is just the truth of it. :)

Third, Bean is starting to sign more, so the class is paying off!!! He does a couple of things but we're just over 3 weeks in. The most frequent sign he does is "all done". It is not always to signal that he is all done with his meal though. Sometimes he lets us know he is all done with us, with us telling him to eat, to not throw his food, to not rip the DVDs off the shelf, to get out of his carseat, etc... He looks at us with such determination, does the sign & ends with a pointing finger at me or MrE. So he is pretty much saying, "Mommy, you are done telling me no, feeding me, etc." or "Daddy, I'm done with this car seat." It is comical. At least he is communicating.

Last, Maggie is starting to move more and more. We're just over halfway to her expected arrival! So far, so good. We do have to get better about our countdown or tracking the growth. As most first time parents, we were very good about tracking everything. I knew what week I was and how much longer. However, if you ask me now I know the approximate week, give or take a couple of weeks. Other than family pictures, there has been no tracking of my developing belly. Sorry Maggie, as a second child you will already have proof that you were neglected compared to Bean. This argument will happen one day... We do have to get some shots, some time soon too. Nov 30th will be here before we know it.

Well I'm afraid that is all I can remember for now and all I have time for. Time for one little Bean to go to bed.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Goofy Girl said...

Nov 30! I'm excited for the new little one! :)

Anonymous Janet said...

Poor Maggie doesn't even have a nickname!

Here's the second installment of my story: http://thewomenscolony.com/campfire/2009/8/10/not-fond-of-cancer-janets-journey-week-1-update-by-janet.html

Post a Comment

<< Home