ri
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Already defying her mama!
Pay no attention to the Ladybug's birth counter above. She is supposed to be here in 25 days, or I should say was... But here we are waiting, patiently, through the pitocin and contractions... So how did we get here?

My new Doc in VA was watching me extra closely since I had preeclampsia with Bean. The weekly checkups had been going well, but yesterday's appointment changed all of that. My blood pressure was slightly elevated (normal 110/70 to 140/107). That with ankle swelling, and some other stuff my doctor said, "Well you are not going home, you are going to have a baby." The shock finally wore off around 8pm and then sadness of missing my Bean set in. Due to the H1N1 virus here in VA, those under 18years are not allowed at hospitals or doctors offices unless they are patiends. So I had dropped him off at our friend's house around 12:30 with 4 diapers, a bottle, sippy cup, snacks, 2 fruits & lunch... I thought I'd be there around 3p. Then when I was sent to the hospital for further testing (just like had been done with Bean) I called our friend M, called MrE and let them know I'd be a couple of hours behind. No need to come see me, I sent MrE to go play with Bean. Then 30 minutes later I retracted all previous statements and enacted a husband - grandparent recall! Everyone was shocked and thought I was joking. But here we are, in the middle of another contraction. Excuse me one minute - *yoga breathing*

Where was I, oh yeah... MrE, who is a rooky b/c he was deployed when bean arrived, has been nervously pacing and videoing the process, Grampy & Grammy arrived at about 12am this morning (Thurs 11/5) and Nana & GPa drove in about 8:30a from MA. Grammy and MrE are sitting by waiting for developments. Grampy is on Bean duty. Nana is getting refreshed since she & GPa drove through the night and Gpa, well he sleeping b/c of said drive.

And that is the state of things. Contractions are little more frequent, but not overly intense. I'd love to eat. I'd love to drink. But ice chips it is until Miss Maggie Grace makes her appearance. As soon as our little one arrives call and pictures will go out to family.

Love to all,

The Ewings!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home