ri
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Effects of a weak dollar
Knowing that Norway was to be a port visit on my husband's schedule, I asked him to pick up a certain Norwegian sweater for me while there. So he called today describing the different sweaters. During the conversation he let it slip just how expensive they were. Now, I knew that they were a little pricey... When my father was there several years ago, the sweaters were just under $200. I figured I'd get a new one... Thanks to a weak dollar that one sweater was now just under $400... FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! I told him to put the sweater down and walk away. This wasn't even the water resistent, lined sweater used for skiing. That was $600.

Sweet baby Jesus... Do you know what one can do with $400?
1. Buy 178 medium sized coffees from Dunkin Donuts
2. Fill up a medium sized SUV 7.5 times
3. Buy a plane ticket to see the inlaws
4. Get 14 mani/pedis, that is 1/2 a year of mani/pedis
5. Get 6 facials
6. Get 6 massages
7. Go away for an evening
8. Almost buy a kayak
9. Order 40 pizzas
10. See 40 movies

So I'll hold off. Besides I think there is a shop here in town that sells them for less than 1/2 that. Four hunderd dollars... I'm still in shock.


1 Comments:

Anonymous elizabeth said...

Holy Crap! I don't know what shocks me more, the sweater price, or that I can only fill up my car seven times for that amount!

Post a Comment

<< Home