ri
Monday, August 7, 2006
The first triathlon
Finding out the swim is twice as long as expected, terrifying! The price on your face, hysterical! It is there, clearly stated on the race website. Swim, .5 miles. However, I had it in my head that the swim was only 400 - 500 yards. That is all that I had trained for. The boyfriend finding out the correct distance the day before thought it would be in my best interest to keep me in the dark. He's right though. I would have been a stress ball the whole day and evening before.

Unfortunately my dad was not kept aware of this detail. In typical family fashion, my dad was poking fun at me. It was then all realized by all that I was not aware of the actual distance. Out comes the camera as the boyfriend approaches. As he confirms the worst, again and again because I kept questioning him, his friend captures the moment. But not being one to give up, I doned the wetsuit and headed to the water! I completed the swim, bike, & run! And I loved it!!! There will be no training this week, but next week I will start back up. I am hoping to do another tri by the end of the season!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

Where is the photo of your shock ridden face when you were told the truth about the distance!? Oh my!

Post a Comment

<< Home