ri
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
One day
He will not need me to do everything for him.
He will not think mommy knows everything.
He will not want all mommy's kisses.
He will not think I'm as cool as his friends.
He will walk out the door and not need mom to come with him.
He will have me drop him off a block from school.

Until then I am going to eat up every minute of being the coolest person around, at least the coolest person to one very special little boy. A decision has been reached, but only after many emails with the husband, talks with other moms, weighing the pros and cons, a bit of obsessing on my part, and working out a budget. I was worried about cutting out a portion of the income and putting the workload completely on my husband. Mr.E was worried about asking me to put my career on hold. The bottom line is that Connor is our priority. So, I am changing jobs. Once a information security analyst, now a domestic engineer.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Janet said...

Good for you, Azzy! I think it's the best idea :-)

Anonymous Courtenay said...

That's great news! Don't worry, you can make just about any budget work if you prioritize. The important thing is the quality time you will have!

Post a Comment

<< Home