ri
Monday, December 15, 2008
All Settled In


It's only been a week, but we are all settled in. All of our stuff arrived intact from the movers. Our purchased furniture has arrived. Even the Christmas Tree is up! Of course there is no room in the garage for the car. Instead there are too many empty boxes to count, trash that needs to go out and some stuff needing to be stored. The moving company will be back to pick up the boxes, and we really need to stop missing trash day. I did manage to acquire three bruises seven cuts and one pulled muscle in my back, but I am just about healed!

I do have a few things that I want to get for the house, but they will have to wait. Alas, I am an at home mom now, ahem domestic engineer, and have lost my income.

Our neighborhood is great!!! We are in a private area with a marina & Jimmy Buffet themed grill. There is a beach club a couple of blocks away, which we may frequent often; A swimming poot, which we will definitely enjoy; A play ground, which we will visit when Bean gets a little bigger; Tennis courts, which will not see any action from us and only because Bean is to small to occupy himself while mom & dad attempt to play tennis. All or our neighbors are friendly. We've been invited to two holiday parties this weekend, one of which will end in Christmas Caroling... We will definitely be attending. I will be making butterscotch fudge, chocolate fudge, white chocolate peppermint fudge, cookies, and a pumpkin trifles for the parties! Watch out Betty Crocker!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Janet said...

Oh, it sounds awesome! I'm so happy for you :-)

Anonymous elizabeth said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're cozy there. I miss you so much already.

Post a Comment

<< Home