ri
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
August Visitors
The beginning of August was a busy month. Two days after we returned from our little NC road trip JR greeted our first visitors at the airport, Mike & Jill. I finally met the famous Mike, one of JR's best friend's from college. Most of JR's crazy college stories involved Mike in some aspect. However I learned with age we have all calmed down. There were no crazy nights this trip. A couple of days later Sal & Kelly joined us. JR and I played tour guide through Newport, Boston, Salem, & Fairhaven. Mom and dad joined us in Salem. The cheered us on as I ran my first triathlon. I think dad found some fun in taunting me minutes before the race. Apparently everyone but me knew that the swim was twice as long than I had been initially told. JR said if I was nervous I didn't have to do it. My thought, I just put on this damn wet suit and walked down to the beach with everyone else. I was not about to walk back up and take it off without even entering the water. Definitely a pride thing. The week flew by and as said as we were to see our guests go, we were happy for some quiet time...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home