ri
Monday, April 2, 2007
My First Time
So there I am, making the 1.5+ hour commute home from another business center when I see Mr. Statey coming up on the side of me. No worries. I am not known for breaking the speed limit. Then he slowed down and got behind me. Ruh-oh. I knew exactly what it was, the registration that sticker that expired yesterday. Now I did renew it. However that was on the old car. I was not about to give up my Red Sox plates... So this is how it goes down,

Mr.S: License & registration please.
Me: Yes, sir.
Mr.S:Do you know that your plates are expired?
Me:Yes. I actually bought the car Thursday. I'm just waiting for the new registration to come in.
Mr.S: It is registered to this car?
Me: Yes
Mr.S: And you need an inspection.
Me: I have 10 days from purchase and I need my registration first.
Mr.S: Good answer. Have you been pulled over before? Will I find any unpaid tickets or warrants for you.
Me: No, this is my first time. I have no tickets or anything.
Mr.S: Really? Well you have a good day then. Becareful pulling out.

...and just like that he handed my license back and I was on my way! If only it was that easy everytime.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Krista said...

HAHA. HOW ABOUT THIS

* 1am Loo stops at red light*

Loo: (hmm this light is long, no one is coming, so what if its four lanes, I'm taking a left)

*Loo takes left Looks in rear view mirror*

Loo: (hmm there is a car in the distance, I hope its not a......oh shit, it is and hes pulling me over)

LPD: "So, I saw you stop at the light, and i know you STILL had the light when you pulled out because mine was green, why did you proceed?"

Loo: "Well, I'm tired and i got impatient I guess and saw no harm"

LPD: "uh ha, well next time have more patience"

*hands back license and red*

LPD: "have a good night"

Loo: "Thank you!" (saaaaweet)

Anonymous Jenn said...

I am never that lucky !

Post a Comment

<< Home