ri
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Planning Has Started
We have the date and the place! The date was easily determined by the Navy schedule and my parents chose the place. So Friday, Sept 28th 2007 JR & I will be getting married in St. Thomas!

I am still vowing not to be a stress freak and leave it up to the moms & the wedding planner. Last week my mom started going into all of the details and options, I just looked at JR and asked, "Will you be there?" His reply, "Yup!" So I turned to my mom, "That's all I care about." That will be key in keeping my sanity. Our schedule is hectic enough with work, school, the house, etc...

I left the dress picking up to his sister & my sister. Invitations will be from his his uber-creative mom. My parents have all ready talked to the wedding planner and will finalize the details in May! I just have to decide on colors and send down some pictures of wedding cakes... I can't decide between a tangerine/garnet, mango/kiwi/lime, or aqua/chartreuse color scheme. That is my only dilemma. That and I have no idea for a honeymoon. I have been searching every travel site. I. JUST. DON'T. KNOW. We figure somewhere hurricane safe, or relatively safe. That may not make much sense seeing as we're are getting married smack dab in the middle, but why tempt the gods by picking two locations! It will also be our third Carribean trip in 7 months... We had been looking forward to Europe this fall, but we'll already be in the Caribbean for the wedding. The move to VA Beach is after the honeymoon. So we wanted to minimize the travelling. And I'd pick marrying him sooner over anything.

So that is all that goes with the wedding plans. Work is good, but it's work... Things look like I'll make a smooth transfer to the VA area. My boss called me with the concern that I was leaving. I explained the situation and they are trying to work something out. I'm valuable!!! I was so excited I could have danced right down the hallway at work.

It's just all coming together!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home