ri
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Goodbye ~ Hello ~ Absolutely
So life's been a little busy, but what else is new... We have officially said good bye to Newport. We moved out of the condo in the second week of February. But in saying good bye to Newport we were saying hello to the new house in Fairhaven. The packing went well. The unpacking, well that is still going. However, being a woman with a mission we are 90% done. I have to finish the office and JR has to unpack his stuff in the spare room. Everything else is unpacked and in place! Yahoo!!!

What else? Oh yeah, I'm engaged!!! He, he... JR had been planning for weeks. He involved my family, his family, and the restaurant where we had our very first date. I had no clue. I know that is supposed to be that way. However, I am "deputy dog" as my sister explains. I figure everything out before. It's true. I love a surprise but I am seldom surprised. Well JR pulled off the best surprise of my life! As said, the whole restaurant knew. So they were waiting all night for the big moment. He was so sweet. He made sure we sat at the same table we sat at on our first date. He talked about all of firsts together. Now, I still was not clued in at this point because readers, my man is sentimental and romantic. So, I chalked it up to complete sweetness. Then came the, "I'm really looking forward to moving to the next phase of our lives..." Then he stood up, got down on one knee and proposed. It was perfect. I said "ABSOLUTELY!!!" But he asked, "Aren't you going to look at the ring?" Perfect as well... I cried for the next hour. Then we were off to my parents house where everyone was waiting. My mom & sister, at JR's request, made my favorite desert - creme brulee! See, he's just great! I'm still on cloud nine.

And in 6 short hours we are boarding the plane with my sister and her other half. Destination, Jamaica! Hope all enjoy the decent weather we've had around here. Tomorrow I will be on the beach, rum drink in hand, enjoying the sun!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Janet said...

I'm so happy for you!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm very happy for both of you! I look forward to meeting you some day!

Denise (JR's cousin)

Post a Comment

<< Home