ri
Thursday, May 22, 2008
It's only Thursday???
This week I have already dealt with the crisis of trying to find temporary lodging since the hubby leaves in 12 days and we let go of the VA home in 5 days... This includes one very rude customer service rep for a military hotel who actually laughed at me when I told her we were in between homes and my husband was deploying June 2nd. Not a good moment for me... After several searches, 3 more phone calls, and 2 hotels that couldn't accomodate the full 8 days the gods of good karma rewarded us. We will be staying at another base about 20 minutes away, and at discounted rate!!!

In addition to the whole lodging debachle, my husband has been on the ship for over 58 hrs the week, and that is not including today. Getting ready to deploy and replacing major parts does not leave the engineering department with much down time. Being the cheif engineer only increases this stress and is not all it's cracked up to be. Did I mention we're moving in 5 days??? That leaves my husband two more nights of packing his stuff... Only 2 because Saturday he has duty, which means 24 hrs straight on the ship. Lovely!

Then there was the whole paperwork snafu with my job. All has been settled. This was after a week of phone calls and worrying though...

Now this is all stressful enough - misguidance from HR, a move, finding temporary lodging, dealing with your hubby's exhausting schedule (50+hrs in 3days), and preparing for your hubby's 6 month deployment. Now, let's add a little more to it, shall we? Throw in one 33 week 1st time pregnant mama who is about to say goodbye to her hubby for six months, just 4 weeks shy of the birth of their son. Craziness! I don't cry often, but have had my moments in the last week.

Luckily, today has already turned around... Paperwork - fixed and filed; Temporary housing - reeserved; Hubby's schedule - back on track; Deployment - it is what it is... And while I think, it's only Thursday, I don't want it to be anything other because every day is one day closer to the hubby's deployment.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home