ri
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Days keep whizzing by
Last time I was here we had just found out the peanut was a boy. We already had names picked out, Connor James. In honor of my grandfather we had chosen the family surname since there was noone to carry it on (Connor) and also in honor of JR's dad (James). Luckily we were able to share this with my grandfather before he passed, which was special to both JR & me.

JR & I are still commuting back and forth. I have 2.5 weeks left at work before I take a temporary leave of absence to spend some time with him before he deploys. Knowing that this was the last time I had to drop him off at the airport today was the only comforting thing about saying, see you later... In two weeks it will be one way to VA, and the I'll be until he leaves. We certainly made the right decision by choosing the commuting. We knew he'd be leaving in June for 6 months. So to up root while pregnant and then be alone... It was hard, and there were many times I wanted to throw the towel in and just move down there with him. However, staying here allowed me to stay in a very good job, be with family, a doctor who knows my history deliver Connor, and also have family around after Connor arrives in July! For the record, I will never volunteer to do another seperated tour from my husband... My life has gone from being about the career to all about the family, which is really quite a wonderful feeling.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home