ri
Friday, January 4, 2008
What didn't change in 2007???
Happy 2008 to all! This year is certainly starting off much different than I ever expected. Probably due to all that changed in 2007. Let's recap!
  • In February we left Newport and moved to MA. That same day JR proposed, Feb 17...
  • A couple of days later we were off to Jamaica with my sister and her significant other. We then decided that we wanted a stress free destination wedding. My mother was told and ran with a plan in mind!
  • The summer brought a big surprise when my sister found out she was expecting... A very happy surprise indeed. We would find out just before the wedding that she would be having a boy!!!
  • Our Sept wedding in St. Thomas was absolutely perfect and represented us to a T! This was due to a very good mother and wonderfuly wedding planner. From there we were off to Cabo for a private honeymoon. Absolutely Beautiful!
  • The end of October was here and our time was up. JR was heading to his assignment in Norfolk, VA. Due to his schedule over the next year we decided I would stay in Mass... I was heartbroken the day he drove off. My best friend was gone. Two days later we found out he would be able to travel down to VA 1 week per month and spend the rest of the time in Mass. Such sweet relief, although it was putting off the inevitable move. At least we had a little more time as newly weds.
  • Now we had started really trying for a baby right before the wedding. We weren't sure what would happen due to past health problems. Two negative home tests and one negative doctor's test left us knowing it may be a while now that he was going back and forth to VA. Surprise #2, at the beginning of November I figured I'd take one more test... Hallelujah! The other tests had been wrong!!! The baby will be born 41 weeks after the wedding. So white was appropriate. :)
  • Christmas was here before we knew and we were again planning our good-byes and move to VA. That is where I am now. We have found an apartment in the historic part of Norfolk. I absolutely love it. I'll be heading back to MA, work, and reality on Sunday. When all is aligned, I will be down here once a month and JR up in MA once a month. We're hoping for every other week as long as JR's ship is in port. Hoping is the key word. Other than that it will be phone calls, emails, and video chats. It will be tough, but having JR to face it with makes it bearable. And such is the life of this Navy couple!

So this year will be the countdown to a new baby, and joining the hubby permanently next December when he returns from his deployment. I'm just hoping 2008 will go by just as fast as 2007.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Janet said...

Talk about a YEAR full of changes! I'm just so happy for you :-) I miss you, tho. Take lots of pictures when you're in Norfolk!

Happy New Year :-)

Anonymous Krista said...

omg! I am so happy for you!

Anonymous MishMish said...

You have been busy and it sounds like 2007 was a wonderful year for you! Congratulations on your pregnancy! Motherhood will change your life!!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home