ri
Friday, May 30, 2008
Tying Up Loose Ends & Whatnot
So the weekend is almost here. For most it will start around 5pm, but for us it is whenever all is in order on the ship. The good news is that it will start today. The last week has been verging on the edge of hell due to problems with one of the engineering areas that is under the hubby's domain. After many, many long hours and dead ends of testing every possible reason for the failure, it was simply because the contracted crew wasn't performing the test correctly. Bittersweet sums up all of that. At least the my hubby's crew will get to spend the weekends with their families before heading out on their 6 month deployment. As of last night, we weren't sure that was going to be the case. Today's update was a huge sigh of relief for all.

Today I have to finish laundry, get an international cell phone for the hubby, pick up the baby bag I've been eyeing, organize the last of "what goes to Mass for 6 mos." and "what stays in VA for 6 mos.", and then pick up the hubby. I'd love to convince him to see SATC tonight, but since he'll be out of touch for the next 6mos, I think it may be IJ. Although, we may be watching game 6!!! SATC will have to wait until I'm back in MA with the gals! Tomorrow we're off to Baltimore for the night so we can catch one game this season!!! Sunday we'll pick up my parents at the airport, deposit them at the hotel on VA Beach, and retreat to our hotel for some alone time. Monday will come all to soon. I have to drop off the hubby at the ship around 5am, go directly to my parents' hotel for some comfort, and then back to the ship to watch them get underway. The rest of Monday will be spent relaxing pool side. Tuesday we'll start the trek back to MA and arrive sometime on Wednesday. Luckily there are visits (*MIL & *SIL) and plans through next weekend to help make the first week easier.

So Monday the clock will start ticking for another countdown. We will be at 6 months until the hubby returns from deployment & I return to VA and 5 weeks 3 days until Connor's due date.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Theresa said...

Hey there- I didn't realize your husband was going to be deployed. That stinks, so he'll miss the birth? Well, at least it sounds that since you will be around family and all you'll have lots of support I'm sure. I liked that collage of your grandfathers pics.

Post a Comment

<< Home