ri
Sunday, March 7, 2010
The Best Party Ever

In true Alissa fashion, her wedding was the best party ever. I would have expected nothing less from my sister. Weddings are planned capturing the personalities of both the bride and groom. Alissa has always been my mayor of fun, as she has been to many others. Shawn is definitely the more conservative one in that marriage, but it captured his fun side too. That boy was cutting up a rug! At one point he asked me where my sister was because he wanted to dance!!! It was just a fun evening with all of our families and their friends celebrating their love.

Aside from the new Mr&Mrs.B saying there "I do's", the cutest part of the ceremony was between their son, Zilla & my son, Bean. I walked down the stairs into the grand lobby with my 2 year old nephew. As we took our place with the rest of the wedding party my nephew looked out among the crowd and started yelling my son's name. I noticed my father in law put my son down so he wouldn't be spotted & maybe the calls for Bean would come to an end. But no, Zilla looked at me and asked, "where's Bean?" That is when Bean's head popped up yelling "Zilla". While all this is going on, my sister is walking down the stair case with my father, taking her place in front of Shawn and the JP is starting the ceremony. Everyone was giggling It was so precious and everyone saw just how much two little cousins love each other. I put Zilla down and off he ran to MrE & Bean. **names have been changed to protect the innocent**

The reception was amazing. The SkyRoom was so modern & beautiful with exposed brick walls, large window looking out over the bay & lounge areas with comfy couches. It also captured part of the style/era in which NB was a booming mill town with the detailed chandeliers. Dinner was had. Drinks were consumed. People were mingling. The FreezePops played. There was dancing, singing, fist pumps, and high fives.

My father got on the stage toward the end of the night to give a quick little speech to Mr&MrsB. To sum it up, he gave them his best. He thanked everyone for coming. He went on to say how lucky he was to have had a neighbor 30+ years ago who had a sister that sent the dog out whenever he got home. For it was only my father that the dog liked. He growled and snapped at any girl my father may have had with him. So he would end up brining the dog back to my aunts alone and chatting with my mother, and here we are. He then said how much he loved his wife, his children, their spouses & the grandchildren. He said it was everyone that was there that makes life worth it. Our family and friends that we get to share all of our happiness with... Just be happy, that is what it is all about. Such a wise man!

With that I wish my sister and new brother all of the happiness in the world.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Janet said...

I am so sad to have missed it and the chance to see you :( But I'm happy it was great fun!!! Congrats to Alissa & Shawn :-)

Post a Comment

<< Home