ri
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
An Introspective Moment
Relationships go through cycles. We will all hit our highs and lows, and if we are lucky we will survive the lows. We’ll have more good times than bad. But not all relationships are meant to be that way. For most of us, we will experience the good and the bad.

Sometimes letting go is the right thing to do. It’s not a failure. Things worked out the way they should have. Simply, it means that there is something better out there. Something better for all. All is good on this side of the world. I just saw The Last Kiss and I actually left feeling sad. The movie actually makes you just a little hesitant to open up and be vulnerable. Again. When you open up and give your heart away the other person has the ability to respect that love and possibly love you in the same way. Or they have the ability to break it. Maybe I’m just a little cynical. Maybe it was just a reminder of where I’ve been. Hearts break. That’s inevitable. The title also made me think. You never think, this is going to be my last kiss with this person. The last time you hold there hand. The last time you hug them. The last of anything. You just become numb to it all. There is no thinking. Eventually there is nothing left to say and you have become two strangers. There was a line in the movie that I particularly liked, “What you feel only matters to you. What you do matters to everyone else.” I know I made the right decision for me, but my heart did break along the way. No matter what, it is never easy. I just hope that I’m never careless with anyone else’s feelings.

As I said, life is good on this side of the world. I’m very happy and in a good place… The move just left me a little sad.

And now back to your scheduled programming...


3 Comments:

Anonymous Janet said...

you're where you need to be in your life and it shows.

I remember my last kiss...it was awesome and there'll never be another one :-)

Anonymous Theresa said...

Thanks for the note the other day! I'm going to have to check out that movie, it sounds familiar, but needless to say I haven't been to a movie in a while and probably won't be going anytime soon....But I will be renting a lot! LOL Hope things are well, your entry is a bit meloncholy.

Anonymous Lauren said...

That's a great post Azzy! I think we can all relate to this one.

Post a Comment

<< Home