ri
Tuesday, October 3, 2006
Vacation Input
The day is coming. The passports are en route. Planning is getting more detailed. Before we know it we will be arriving in London! I'm so excited I can't stop hopping around! The bf suggested that we sit down to figure out exactly what we are doing in Europe. I told him I had a plan. I always have a plan. I researched online like it was my job. Then I interrogated some friends. Luckily these three ladies helped me in fine tuning the itinerary! Originally I was going to skip Versailles because that was the vibe I got with just 3 days in Paris, but Janet insisted that we go. I really did want to go so all I needed was that one person to agree with me! Besides, there is a frog pond there. How could I not go?

If anyone has any suggestions on switching the itinerary around b/c of location or times, please let me know. I'd appreciate any and all advice. This is my first trip there so everything will be new to me! Here is the itinerary, which I should probably share with the bf...

London, day 1

  • St. Paul's Cathedral
  • The London Eye
  • The British Museum

London, day 2

  • Buckingham Palace - Changing of the Guard
  • Westminster Abbey
  • Tower of London
  • Spamalot starringTim Curry!!!

London, day 3

  • Windsor Castle
  • Covent Garden
  • Harrods
  • Other little site before our departure


Paris, day 1

  • Eiffel Tower, what a way to view our first day!
  • Notre Dame
  • Sacre Couer

Paris, day 2

  • Versailles
  • Latin Quarter

Paris, day 3

  • Arc de Triumphe
  • Louvre
  • Montemarte
  • Eiffel Tower, we must say good bye to the city...


5 Comments:

Anonymous Lauren said...

Tim Curry scares me...All i can think about is that damn clown movie! but have a blast anyways :)

Anonymous Janet said...

Make sure you alot enough time for Harrod's...it's HUGE!

Sacre Couer is in Montemarte...

If you get a chance, visit Musee Rodin (The Thinker is there) and Musée d'Orsay, d'Orsay is pretty close to the Louvre, Rodin's not too far off either (very close to the Invalides military hospital on the Seine). Check out the Luxembourg garden, it's in the Latin Quarter.
OH! And for shopping, if you get a chance, check out Gallerie Lafayette on Boulevard Haussmann. Oh, the clothes, the handbags, the gourmet treats!

Ok, I'm done now :-)

And I want a picture of you next to the frog pond statue!

Anonymous Michelle said...

Have a greeat, wonderful and fantastic time. Safe travels!

Anonymous trifreakri said...

Honey, I can't wait to share such a wonderful adventure with you!! I wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for doing all research and putting out itinerary together!! Luv ya...

Anonymous clipper829 said...

I'd recommend strolling through the Tuileries gardens while you're visiting the Louvre. Just lovely.

Post a Comment

<< Home