ri
Monday, October 2, 2006
Where I Catch Up... In Chapters
The Weekend, bulletized!

  • Great, as usual!
  • Friend's military graduation. The bf in uniform, very handsome!
  • Cut & highlights and low lights... Feeling less disheveled and trashy now that my roots match the rest of my hair
  • Feeling all girlie led me to the mall.
  • Got to see the nieces! They are my most favorite girls!
  • Yummy sushi with good friends
  • I met Sake Bomb, so very, very nice...
  • A few more drinks with a few more friends...
  • Found out that I can handle my own in the hockey-foozball game. A little competitive Azzy? Noooo....
  • Was pokey because of the new friend I met on Friday, not so very, very nice
  • Discovered a love for the bead store!
  • Boston with the BF
  • Caught a Sox game, watched them loose...
  • Brunch with Janet. Loved the food, loved the restaurant, could have passed on the choir.
  • Chinese food with the family before they left on vacation. Dad was at the center of all jokes, again...
  • Got all weepy eyed watching Extreme Home Makeover. I'm a sappy sally...

The Cab Ride

I was working with half a brain on Saturday due to what I can only imagine was the curse of the Sake bomb. I honestly did not drink much. Honest. This led to the early decision of cabbing it after the game. There was no need to cattle car it on the T back to the North End with all of the other crazy fans. Besides, we'd have to catch a cab to Charlestown at some point anyway. I just cut out the uncomfortable middle man. That is where the adventure begins.

I seriously prayed! I closed my eyes and prayed! Oh my lord... Please let me get to the hotel safely. Beeping at the cabs in front of us to move even thought they were unloading and loading passengers should have been my first clue to be afraid. Maybe it should have been the pedal to the metal dart around the other cab just to cut back in front. Then again it could have been when old dude almost hit two different groups of pedestrians as he yelled to them his light was green. Not to let us down, he turned the 90 degree right hand turn to our hotel going at least 20 for a finale. I kid you not! There were moments of gasps of air. I even hid my face. Did I mention he was shifting gears or dropping the crown vic taxi cab into neutral every time he had to stop? He did.

I got out and said, "Oh my god. That was awful." And being the typical guy the BF said, "That was awesome!"

The Promise

So after feeling out of sorts on Saturday I reminded myself, "You cannot go out like you used to." The body just doesn't not recover as quick. At least my body does not. Too much partying in my early 20's? Maybe. A girl never tells. I did have fun though! Rebounding back and being ready to go at 8am is a thing of the past. Now, it's at least a whole day before I'm even quasi human. Water and sleep are my only allies at a time like this. In 16 days I will officially cross the threshold into the last year in my 20's. Truthfully, I want to be in the best shape of my life when I hit 30! That is my goal. I'm pretty healthy now and I'm happy with my weight. I just really need to be better about working out. I'd also like to do some more triathlons next year. So more cardio and yoga, less napping. More salad, less pizza. More water, less soda.

So we'll see how this one goes! At least I'm dating Mr. Ambitious. He'll keep me on my toes. I've actually given him permission to bop me on the head when I try to weasel out of workouts. I probably should have thought that one through!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home